If I were evaluating a research study from a Grounded Theory perspective, I would want to know about the process which had been followed and seek to understand the shape of the developing theory.
I would want to know:
- What is the substantive area of interest?
- What comprise the data sources?
- Was data collected in a manner that was consistent with Grounded Theory. If it wasn’t, how was data collected … what impact will that have had?
- Was constant comparison conducted?
- Is there evidence of the inter-changeability of indicators?
- Was theoretical sampling conducted?
- Are the codes, concepts or descriptive codes?
- What is the main concern?
- What is the core category? And what are the related cateories?
- Is there theoretical completeness and conceptual integration, what theoretical codes structure the theory?
- Has the literature been sampled and integrated into the theory?
Which GT books have been read?